Firstly, if you are looking for an out-of-this-world experience for your big day in Provence, a wedding planner will certainly make all the difference. If you still don’t have a clue about how to find the best wedding planners in Provence, I can make it easier for you, with some very useful tips and tricks to find a great professional in the region. Check it out!
What’s it like getting married in Provence?
If you’re thinking about getting married in Provence, you’re not alone – more and more couples are choosing to tie the knot in this stunning region of France. Provence is renowned for its picturesque villages, rolling hills and lavender fields, and it’s no wonder that it’s become a popular destination for weddings.
If you’re looking for a truly romantic setting for your wedding, it’s hard to beat Provence. This beautiful region of France is well-known for its lavender fields, Mediterranean climate, and picturesque villages. But Provence is also an excellent choice for food and wine lovers. The seasonal cuisine features fresh, local ingredients, while the region’s incredible wines are the perfect way to toast your special day. Whether you’re dreaming of a fairytale castle or a countryside estate, Provence has the perfect venue for your wedding.
How to plan a wedding in Provence?
First of all, you need to find an excellent local wedding planner, specialized in destination weddings in the area. There are lots of planners to choose from, but make sure you find one with experience in Provence. Once you’ve found a planner, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of wedding you want. Do you want a traditional ceremony in a village church, or something more relaxed in a field surrounded by lavender? Whatever your vision, Provence is sure to have the perfect setting for your big day. See 7 confessions your destination wedding-planner deserves from you .
So what are you waiting for? If you’re dreaming of a fairytale wedding in Provence, start planning today.
What can a wedding planner do for you in Provence?
A good wedding planner will organize your big day. However, an excellent wedding planner will help you to envision your event and turn it into a unique experience. From day one, the hired professional will try to capture the couple’s tastes, personalities, and needs, to create an unforgettable wedding – that looks nothing like others. Even if you hire the same venue as a previous client, the wedding planner will make sure to offer a personalized experience.
Above all, the wedding planner will guide the couple from the beginning of the event to the end. First, this professional will plan the concept of the wedding and help you to find the most suitable and reliable vendors to accomplish this mission, as well as do technical visits. Also, the wedding planner will be in charge to set a budget and a timeline for your event. For destination weddings, this professional will organize a schedule of tours.
If you are planning a destination wedding in Provence, that’s even more important, since you gotta have someone to be your eyes here. Especially a professional who knows the trustworthy vendors, the best venues, and the hidden gems.
Equally important: the logistics of destination weddings can be quite crazy and scary! Can you imagine taking care of your guests’ accommodations and transfers all by yourself, while you decide on the best wedding dress and work? Before you go nuts thinking about these details, let me tell you a secret – you won’t need to think about it if you hire a wedding planner in Provence. Hence, this professional will be there to manage all this and to suggest the best tours around the region. In addition, this professional will organize all the pre and post-wedding events.
How to find the best wedding planners in Provence?
In the first place, if you are beginning your search through the internet or social media, you should definitely check the testimonials and evaluations from other clients. I personally recommend you could ask your planner-to-be if she could put you in touch with former clients, to have personal discussions. Then, you can verify the wedding planner’s background experiences and past weddings (to see if his/her vision matches yours). Furthermore, an extra point is if the wedding planner can provide valuable content about the region or if he/she has been featured in the press.
In case you and/or your beloved one are foreigners, it is utterly important to hire a professional that can communicate in your language – or at least in English -, at the same time that he/she can talk with local vendors in French. Surely, communication is key to a successful event. Mostly, you have to understand the contract and all the information the professional provides you. Don’t be shy and ask for a draft of the agreement if she/he did not propose it first.
After you select some of your preferred wedding planners, it is time to contact them and get to know them better. Here are some questions and points that you should check with them:
- Personalized experience: is the professional able to organize an event that matches your style or does he/she only offer unstylish packages?
- The team: will the main wedding planner be present on your big day? Or is it just their team? How many people will be working during your wedding?
- How does this wedding planner deal with difficulties? How did he/she manage the weddings that were supposed to happen during the pandemic, for example? Ask the professional to tell you about the most challenging wedding in his/her life.
- Time Zones: if you are into different time zones, you have to ask this wedding planner how is he/she is prepared to cope with that.
- Cultures/religions: if you are having something very specific for your wedding, you must check if the professional is prepared to deal with that and if he/she understands your needs and rhyths.
- Destination weddings: ask how he/she deals with the events’ logistics and what’s their experience in this type of wedding.
- Consultations: how can you contact him/her during the planning process? What happens when you have a question? How do you establish contact during the organization of the wedding? How long does it take for him/her to answer you? What should you expect in terms of communication?
- Tours and related events: what kind of experiences in Provence does he/she usually suggest to the clients?
More important than hiring someone for its price, it is crucial to have a wedding planner that can relate to your dream and envision a personalized, smooth, and stress-free experience for you and your guests.
Most asked questions about wedding planners in Provence
Here are some of the most common doubts about getting married in this region of France: